2014 Excellence Scholarship Winner
Congratulations to Issac Forster, the winner of Lakeside Employee's Credit Union's Excellence Scholarship Award. Issac is a recent graduate from McEwen High School in McEwen, TN., he plans to attend The University of Tennessee Knoxville in the fall, majoring in Physics.
Issac is the son of Stephen and Sharon Forster of McEwen and the grandson of Thelma Crowell.
Lakeside's Scholarship Program is available to every graduating high school senior in Humphrey's County and also seniors who are credit union members.
We would like to invite everyone who lives, works, worships or goes to school in Humphrey's County to become a member and enjoy the benefits of a credit union.
Pictured with Issac is Trina Patton and Rachael Baker, Employees of Lakeside Employees Credit Union.
Annual Meeting Winners
Card Cracking Scam Targets Younger Members
Cash-strapped college students are being recruited to participate in a scam referred to as “card cracking.” Using ATM/debit cards and PINs willingly provided by the students, fraudsters deposit fraudulent checks to the students’ accounts. The funds are subsequently withdrawn by the fraudsters with the students receiving a portion of the funds for their participation.
What is Identity Theft?
Identity theft is a crime in which an imposter gains access to another’s personal information, such as
Social security or credit card numbers, and uses them for personal gain. It might be the result of a stolen purse, stolen mail,
Documents taken from trash, a data breach just like the one that happen at Target, computer virus, or telephone scam.
For a small fee of $1.95 everybody in your household could be covered, that’s the cost of a family pizza over a year’s time.
The$1.95 comes directly out of your checking account, contact the Credit Union today and make sure your Identity is protected.
Interest Rate Matching
Ask about our Interest Rate Matching. Bring in proof with the Interest rate and Terms that that company will give you with a signature and we can match it on all loans for qualifying Members.
Notice of Expirations of the Temporary Full NCUSIF Share Insurance Coverage for Noninterest-Bearing Transaction Accounts
By operation of federal law, beginning January 1, 2013, funds deposited in a non-interest-bearing transaction account (including an Interest on
Lawyer Trust Account) no longer will receive unlimited share insurance coverage by the National Credit Union Administration (NCUA). Beginning
January 1, 2013, all of a member’s accounts at an insured depository institution, including all non-interest-bearing transaction accounts, will
be insured by the NCUSIF up to the standard maximum share insurance amount ($250,000), for each share insurance ownership category. For more
information about NCUA share insurance coverage of non-interest bearing transaction accounts, visit www.ncua.gov.
House for Sale
- House 1,200 SQ FT.
- Lot 15,000 SQ. FT
- Year Built 1950
- Parking-Garage, Paved Drive-Way
- 4 Bedrooms and 2 baths
- Only 1.1 mile from Lakeview School Located on
Hwy 70, New Johnsonville.
- For more details contact Ruston Reality at
Click to learn more about
ID Protection and how you can protect your family.
Overdraft Privilege helps protect you against having your items returned in the event of an inadvertent overdraft of your account by giving you a reserve for emergencies or unexpected situations.
Please see the PDF documents below for more information
Click to read
Seven Steps to Better Money Management
Fee Change Notice
Fees: Effective May 15, 2012
- Share Draft (Pay to Negative Balances) - $30.00
- Share Draft (Return Fees) - $30.00
- POS, ACH (Pay Negative or Return) - $30.00
- Returned Check Fee - $30.00
- Early Christmas Club Withdrawal – (Over 1 per year) $10.00
- Reconcile Share Draft Account - $20.00 per hour
- Account closure for Excessive NSF - $25.00
- Verification of Deposit (Charge Bank) - $10.00
- Loan Application Fee (All loans, Collect up front) - $5.00
- Re-Opening Share Draft due to Neg. History Balance 2nd chance $20.00
- Re-Open Membership (if re-opened within a year) $10.00
- Account closure if closed within 90 days of opening(Member or Credit Union request) $25.00
- Dormancy - $25.00 (After 3 years) Quarterly- Contact member first-IRA Exempt
- Stop Payment - $10.00
- Items sent for collection to attorney - $20.00
- Fax Charge (Not Credit Union related) Incoming & Outgoing Faxes - $1.00 per page
- Check cashing fee-NON MEMBER – $5.00
- Cashing Third-Party Checks NON Member - $5.00
- Late Loan Payments - $30.00
- Check Copies - $5.00
- Temp. Checks - $0.50 per check
- Copies of statement (first 3 months free) - $5.00 per statement after that
- Returned Statement (with no forwarding address) - $5.00 per month
- Levy/Garnishment - $50.00
- Gift Cards - $3.00
- Travel Cards - $5.00
- Re-Opening a Debit Card (After CU blocked) - $15.00
- Replacement Debit Card (Lost/Stolen) - $10.00
- New Titles - $15.00
- Temp. Lien Forms - $15.00
- Wires (Incoming & Outgoing) – $12.00
- ID Protect $1.95 a month starting Oct. 2012
- Home Banking- Free
- Bill Pay – Free
- E-statements - Free
- Origination Fees - 1%
WARNING: Do not give out your debit/credit card numbers to anyone!!!!
NOTICE: In order to protect you from fraud, you may receive a phone call from Visa company (Fidelity/Falcon). Fidelity/Falcom may
ask you to verify some recent purchases that you may have made. Fidelity will never ask you for your account numbers. They already have
them on file. But, in order to identify you as the cardholder, they may ask to verify the last four digits of your social security
number. If you are not comfortable giving out this information, please ask them if you can verify your address instead. In order to help us
protect you from fraud and identity theft, please contact the credit union if you feel that you have given out vital information to anyone
about your accounts.
Sign up now for Free eStatements and received your monthly or quarterly statements online through Home Banking!
Sign on your home banking under additional services you will see eStatements click on it and follow the directions.
Once you sign up for this you will no longer receive monthly or quarterly statements by mail.
Please make sure your e-mail address is correct before signing up.
Update Contact Information
We value your membership very much and would like to be able to contact you about new products and services that we will be offering in the future.
Please remember to keep us informed of any changes in your status such as address, phone, employment, etc….
Check out our downloadable status change form to make this process more convenient for you.
Check Out Our New ATM
Come by and check out our new ATM!
Located outside Murphy Oil at Waverly Wal-Mart. You can use your Lakeside Debit Card at our new ATM with no fee. Don’t have a Debit Card to use in new ATM? Come by your credit union and sign up for yours today. It gives you a chance to get money when you may need it the most, after hours, so get yours now.
Online Credit Card Account Access
Did you know that you can view your credit card account from this website!
Sign-up for eZcardInfo
from our website today.
Protect your checks from fraud!
At Lakeside Employees Credit Union we take every precaution to protect your account and your checks from fraud. Your checks are printed on paper with embedded security features to protect them against alteration and counterfeiting, and precautions are taken in the handling and delivery of your checks.
You can make a difference. Take action to prevent criminals from getting their hands on your checks and to safeguard your check’s integrity:
- Make the post office box your choice for outgoing mail, rather than your home mailbox.
- Treat your deposit slip as if it were a check. Remember, your account number is printed on deposit slips.
- Check your statements carefully against your check register. Duplicate checks may prove helpful by providing you with a record of every check you write.
- Avoid writing checks with pencil or erasable ink.
- Print, don’t sign, your name when writing your return address on envelopes. A signature on the envelope can be copied and forged.
- Report lost or stolen checks and lost or stolen debit cards immediately.
- Don’t give your account number over the phone to anyone you don’t know.
- Don’t include your driver’s license number or Social Security number on your checks.
- Don’t write your credit card number on your check.
- Don’t leave large, blank spaces in the check box or the amount line. Start the written dollar amounts as far to the left as possible. Draw a line between the cents value and the right side of the dollar line.
Customer Identification Program
Important Information About Opening A New Account
To help the government fight the funding of terrorism
and money laundering activities, Federal law requires all financial institutions to obtain, verify, and record information that identifies each person who opens an account.
What this means for you: When you request to open an account, we will ask for your full name including middle name, your physical address, date of birth, social security number or tax identification number, or other information that will allow us to identify you. We will require a photo identification issued by a government agency, which would typically be your driver’s license.
Lakeside Credit Union may also obtain a credit report upon your request for additional products and services. Based on your credit rating, Lakeside Credit Union may not offer you all of the services and products available.